Tuesday, September 1, 2009

And Saks will offer Timberland

OK, first Sears to offer cosmetic counters, Jimmy Choo at H&M and now Saks. Is there no shame or humility any longer. Saks just announced and proudly I may add that they are goig to open a Timberland department. Timberland, yes you heard it right. When I originally thought of Saks, I
thought, high quality, unique brands, fashion forward mdse. I did not think duck boots, camping shorts and anorak jkts. Is it just me or does anyone else see anything wrong with this?
What is retail coming too? I have to say, this surprises me. This past summer I met with the VP of fashion and an assistant buyer introducing a bathing suit line, they loved the line but stated it "just wasn't who their customer is, their customer comes in for unique, fashion forward, designers names. Now let's look at this Timberland are they unique? No
Are they fashion forward ? No
Are they a designer name? No
They are a brand that has a following, but I am not sure if their following lives in Manhattan. I'm think more Vermont, New Hampshire.
Well let it be said, and you heard it first, just like i do not want to buy cosmetics next to the hardware dept at Sears, I don't want to see Timberland next to Carolina Herrerra either

No comments:

Post a Comment