Saturday, August 22, 2009

September Issues: Fashion Magazines

Well the September issues are out and every editor is boasting on how well their issues look. Before you go out and spend 50$ let me give you a quick run down and a recommendation.
If you only had to buy one American magazine for couture fashion I would buy Harper's Bazaar. It was done extremely well, photo's are beautiful and has great content. For those of you who know me it pains me not to suggest Vogue as you know I love Anna. But I think this year she was too focused on looking good for her documentary rather than her magazine looking good. (The cover, not good) If your looking for a magazine that has more realistic style that has attainable fashion that many consumers can afford I would definitely buy "In Style" although the cover with Jennifer Lopez looks like a Christmas cover not a fall cover it has great products throughout. (This is a strong recommendation if your taking my buying class this fall)
Most AMerican magazines rely on advertisements and it definitely showed this fall, with Vogue getting over 75% of their content in advertisements. BTW, you will see all of these ads in every magazine you pick up. Speaking of ads if I may. I think the best fashion ads this fall come from a 67 year old women, her name Betsy Johnson, her ads this fall are fantastic, their fun, creative, loud and unique! Look at everyone elses, dark, scarey and the stick models are all distorted.
So your final cost on mags for Sept. should be less than 10dollars. And if you don't want to buy any, the log onto DailyFashion.com

No comments:

Post a Comment