Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Bathing suit beauties

Today, after 15 years truly I ventured to the beach. Being a fashion afficienado of course I had to look at what everyone was wearing. So here is my report on the wonderful and not so wonderful world of swimwear.
Lets start with the males. I must say to my approval there was not a man out there wearing speedo's , this is a wonderful thing and it should go without saying. the only one wearing a speedo should be Michael Phelps and men built like him which leaves out about 75% of the male population. Board shorts are in and the colors and designs were quite acceptable, most were floral prints, large magnolia's. Now in my day if a man wore flowers, well one can imagine.
The best thing about the board shorts and that they were actually pulled up and at navel level, thank goodness, I did not have to look at the lining of their boxers, which by the way many guys wear under these shorts. But kudo's the the males and their fashion sense.
Now on to my gender. Well there was a little of everything, and when I say a little I really mean a little. Even the life guards had itty, bitty, teenie weenie yellow and blue striped bikini's.
How I wondered would they stay up if they had to rescue someone, and what man would not want to be rescued by them.
Now on to the beach goddesses, yes you know who you are, a suit for everyday of the week..
Well for the most part neutral colors, browns, blacks, browns and black again. very few prints.
As far as the coverage, I guess only certain parts need not burn and well these suits did their job and no more. Kind of like a teenage sales associate who works at stops and shop.
Most had beautiful embellishments across the top and wonderful details. Even the young girl that had on a black suit with the brightly colored word ROXY across her behind looked acceptable.
the beach is a great place. No one is judgemental, at least not openly and anything and everything goes. Its a fashion mecca, of style, color, age and gender. Gosh even the umbrella's were high fashion.
So next time your at the beach look for me, I am the one wearing the brown or black suit in a crowd of 1000.

No comments:

Post a Comment